October Favourites

14:02


I missed September Favourites because I had lots going on last month, so I actually had lots of bits that I was loving over the months but I narrowed it down to the products I have been using the most.

Bourjois Air Mat Foundation
This is something I picked up at the beginning of the month and have been using ever since, I will do a full review soon but for now just know that it has the absolute perfect name, it really is as light as air, with a matte finish that lasts most of the day and doesn't sit in pores or fines lines like a lot of other matte foundations, the coverage is great too.

YSL Black Opium
After smelling this in a magazine sample I knew I would end up owning it, it's a really versatile perfume as I use it in the day aswell as the night, this is the eau de toilette so it's slightly lighter which I prefer. I am useless at describing scents, but go and give it a spray and you will understand the hype.

CK Lipgloss
I found this in a set of 4 at TK Maxx and I really like this one for the winter months, the shade is Berry Cool, it's a deep wine shade but because it's a gloss (more like a balm really) it's much more subtle than a lipstick or liner and much easier to wear.

H&M Pure Radiance Blush
I only picked up one of these but I will be heading back to pick up some more soon, they are so pigmented, this one is a light plum shade which I have been wearing every day, it's great for this time of year and works well with any eye/ lip combo.

Illamasqua Polish in Fusion
Another great find from TK Maxx, I have actually had my nails bare most of the month, but after buying this it stayed on my nails for over a week, a really dark brown, almost black with tiny glitters, such a pretty shade and unlike anything else I own. 

Burberry Fresh Glow Stick
I already owned the Fresh Glow liquid highlighter and I love the subtlety of it so I ordered the stick version and I have been loving it, it's so similar the the Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight cream highlighter from the Creamy Duo #4, easy to apply and blend, just need to pick up the contour stick to match now.

Nars Audacious Mascara
This is just a sample I wa sent with a Space NK order, but I think it's worth the splurge for the full size. It's a little fiddly to apply because of the huge wand but the separation is great, holds a curl and volume can be built up with a few coats.

L'occitane Almond Handcream
If you have been reading for a while you will know I have become slightly obsessed with the almond range after receiving some samples in Instyle magazine and I'm also a hand cream obsessive (I cannot wash my hands without applying cream immediately after, it gives me that cringey feeling) so this is my perfect match, it's not quite as thick and nourishing as the Shea Butter one, but enough to quench just washed hands and the scent lingers for ages.

Have you tried any of these products?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have a L'occitane shop in my local downtown and I've been looking at their hand cream. The price and the size seem iffy to me. I just wanted to ask,"Does a little go a long way?", so I can know whether or not if I should check it out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, the almond one and the smaller cream are a lot thinner in consistency but I still say they are worth the money. The large metal tube Shea Butter one is amazing value for money it's so thick you literally need a tiny amount it's great :) hope that helped. But they always have the handcream samples near the cash desk so go in a have a test :)

      Delete