Loving The Liner

16:06


Over the last month or two I have become slightly obsessed with lip liners, especially the nude variety, before this I hadn't worn lip liner since I was about 16, so this is like a whole new experience for me and I've been experimenting a lot. I've watched a few youtubers, a couple of Kylie Jenner tutorials, tried out the over lining, the ombré, the layering, I've had a proper mess about.

I bought quite a few as it has slowly become a little addiction so I thought I would list some that I've been trying and give you the low down on my thoughts about them. 


Swatches from left to right - Kiko Smart Lip Pencil (shade 700/£2.50), Kiko Smart Lip Pencil (shade 712/£2.50), Burberry Lip Definer (shade No.7 Rosewood/£15.50), Burberry Lip Definer (shade No.1 Nude Beige/£15.50), Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Liner (shade Thrilled/£13), Sleek Eau La La Liner (shade 295 Venom/£4.99), Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil (shade Pale Mauve/£16).


I have used a few eyeliners in my experiments too and I've found them to work really well, I used the Kiko Skinny Fit Kajal in 01 and the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 005 to completely erase my lips so that they are pretty much the same colour as my foundation, I find this works a bit better because when I blot my foundation over my lips a lot of the time when I then add liner it can blend and lessen the colour of the liner. 

I found the Kiko liners to be very 'pencilly', quite hard like an actual pencil but they still apply pretty well, they just don't feel as creamy on the lips, the colour pay off is good though so for £2.50 I can't complain. So far I have found the Burberry liners to be my favourite, they are hard but apply really easily and feel creamy once on the lips, the colour pay off is great and of the high end bunch I think they are also the best value for money size wise too, the Rosewood shade is my favourite of the bunch so far. My newest purchase is the Bare Minerals liner which is a retractable liner with a rubber grip which I really like, it does mean you get less product but I don't mind that too much, this shade 'Thrilled' is very similar to the Rosewood but the formula is a lot more creamy which means it's great for wearing by itself. Just before Christmas I purchased the Sleek liner because I wanted a nice deep berry shade for the festive period but I didn't want to go all out since I won't wear it too often, this is very pigmented and very creamy so I was really impressed considering the price, I'm gonna look for another few shades I think. Lastly I had to get one of the new Bobbi Brown liners, I chose the shade Pale Mauve as it was the closest to my natural lip colour and I've got to say I love it, I think this is my 2nd favourite next to Rosewood, long lasting, pigmented, easy to apply and soft on the lips.


Over all I'm loving the return of the lip liner and I think I'm going to expand my collection further pretty soon. They are a really quick and simple way to totally change your look. 

Have you been sucked into the lip liner craze?



You Might Also Like

0 comments