Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation 16hr

07:00


I am a base fiend and so I love buying new foundations, concealers, powders and now primers too. I love my full coverage as I'm a bit under confident because of my continual skin problems, and good quality full coverage foundations seem pretty hard to come by (I hate compact foundations and stick-form foundations, I generally find them cake because of my dry patches).

I have seen this foundation (Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation 16 hr) on 2 blogs recently, both stated that it was extreme full coverage, I did some research since I had never used anything by Vichy before and actually never even heard of Vichy and decided i would go for it, its quite an expensive risk as it retails for £15.50 for 30ml, but comparing that to more high end foundations that I own its a reasonable price.


This foundation is supposed to help with uneven skin texture, dark circles and diffuse redness.

There are many amazing things this foundation claims, it is suitable for sensitive skin,lasts for 16 hrs, it is high coverage but still feels natural and light on the skin, it has a radiant but matte finish, SPF 35, its fragrance free, it has 24 hr hydration, it is 'ultra easy to blend', no caginess and doesn't settle into fine lines.

I agree with all of the above claims apart from the 16 hr wearability, its very smooth and easy to apply and blend in, it is very moisturising so doesn't settle on dry patches, it doesn't cake in the usual spots (in nose creases, smile lines and under eyes). It does last pretty well, I would say about 6 hours, and the finish is really natural, not too matte it leaves a natural dewy look. I have still been using a powder with this foundation, but I think that if you have naturally dry skin the finish on this foundation is really nice by itself. I find it is not pigmented enough for the kind of coverage I like to use under my eyes so I have to use concealer for that, but it is buildable so for other blemishes i just dot a bit more foundation.


The only problem I have found with this product is one that seems to always be the case, the shades, this foundation actually only comes in 5 shades, all pretty light and pretty orange/pink toned which isn't great. I picked the lightest shade with is 15 Opal and seemed like the best bet, it is actually far too pink toned for me but with a tan or with a lighter shade concealer I can make it work.

You Might Also Like

0 comments