Sunday Make Up

11:33


Today I thought I would do a FOTD post and just show you guys what products I'm currently using on a daily basis.


Firstly a new moisturiser that I recently picked up, the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream by The Body Shop, this stuff is amazing! I can see the shine disappear from my face as soon as I rub it it, it smells really clean and doesn't leave my face feeling stiff, just hydrated and matte looking.

After my moisturiser has dried in I have been using the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer almost every day since I got it (some days I forget, I'm trying to get into a routine), again I love this, it is a cream formula so it just dries right in, it doesn't just sit on the skin like Porefessional or Baby Skin, it doesn't feel drying, it just smooths and mattifies and it definitely prolongs the life of my foundation.

For foundation I have been using MAC Studio Fix Fluid, I have done a full review on this (yesterday's post) but overall, it is a full coverage foundation, that blends in seamlessly and hides all my imperfections, there is very little need for concealer with this one.


I find that the concealer that works best with the Studio Fix Fluid is the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, which I love for its thin consistency but great pigmentation. I just take half a pump of this and dab it where I need it and blend it in with a stippling brush. Voila.

For under my eyes I have been testing out this Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, again it is very pigmented so I just use two splodges of this under each eye and then tap it in with my finger.

For my eyelids I now try not to go ever them with my foundation brush when I am doing my foundation because I find the more layers I put on, the more likely they are to crease. So on my naked eyelid I apply MAC Painterly Paint Pot pretty much up to my eyebrow, one thin layer covers everything.


Cheeks have been easy, I have been going back to my old faithful MAC blush in Giggly, a real Barbie pink shade, which is great for winter for that naturally flushed look.

My face powder is a new one too, it's the One Heck Of A Blot by Soap & Glory, which has taken over from my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I'm really liking it, it's really light texture so you can barely feel it on the skin and it doesn't look cakey when you layer it up.

For highlighter, I've been using my favourite of all time High Beam by Benefit, because its perfect and long lasting. I just use this under my brows, down my nose and on my Cupid's bow, I rarely use it on my cheek bones, I usually use a powder highlighter for that, but with my bad skin at the moment, the last thing I want to do is highlight those areas.


Eyes, I have been in love with my Naked Basics palette by Urban Decay ever since I bought it, it's just so wearable. I gravitate towards 'Walk of Shame' for all over my lid, then 'Naked 2' in the crease and a tiny bit of 'Faint' for the outer corners. I have also been testing out Faint as an eyebrow shader, and it's actually a perfect colour for me, so I'm going to try and get an idividual shadow for that.

For mascara I have been using the Miss Manga mascara by L'oreal, every single day, I love it, it's such a light daytime mascara that seperates every lash and defines them really well.

For quick eyebrows I always use my Veluxe Brow Liner by MAC, mine is in the shade Deep Dark Brunette, it's just definitely the easiest and quickest ways to get brows done.


I change my lip products every day, depending on how I feel, what I'm wearing, what I'm going to be doing in the day etc. but I have been using these two products a lot since I bought them, one is the Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in the shade 132 Sweet Pink, a really natural, everyday, nude pink shade, with a slight sheen that looks so pretty on. The other is Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in the shade 215 Super Natural, again a pretty nude pink shade, perfect for day time, really glossy and really pretty, I have done reviews on both of these recently because I love them so much.

Hope this was a helpful Face Of The Day/ Mini Review post.






You Might Also Like

0 comments