Serene Saturday

19:36

Well I know everybody blogs about their relaxing Sundays, but unfortunately I have to work tomorrow :( so I have had a relaxing serene Saturday instead.



I actually woke up really early today, got up,got my toast, did my make up (I knew I wasn't going out today so I didn't really wear much, I had a sample of the Garnier BB cream that I wanted to try, it's in Medium shade which is too dark so I had to try it on a day where the world wouldn't see me, its pretty matte but still looks alive, I quite like it so I'm gonna investigate the Light shade, I tried out my new concealer that came in the post today Maximum Coverage Concealer by Elf, Thick & Fast mascara by Soap & Glory, a Maybelline lipliner with Clinique Superfbalm on top), laid on my bed watching Youtube videos and managed to fall asleep again, so my day didn't actually truly start until 1.30pm.

I spent some time rearranging my storage in my room and my layout again and then went through some old make up and toiletries to have a clear out so I had a pretty productive day which has ended in a nice relaxing bath, hair masque and I think I'm gonna paint my nails in a while too.




Firstly while the bath was running (I used Candy Mountain bath crumble by Lush @ www.lush.co.uk in my bath today), I lit my candles so that my room smelt lovely when I came back in. I have the Pink Jasmine one from Primark (about £2) and the Vanilla Cupcake one from Yankee Candle (about £20) burning today.



When I get in the bath, the first thing I do I wash my hair and leave the conditioner in whilst I wash my face, so today, shock horror, I have actually run out of shampoo so I had a little rummage and found this travel sized one from Toni&Guy which actually smells pretty good. I then used my lovely Herbal Essences Bee Strong Intense Hair masque from the middle to the ends of my hair, clipped it up and put a shower cap over for 5 minutes to keep the heat in helping the moisture sink further in.


Then I washed my face with Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit face wash, it smells so fresh and my face truly feels squeaky clean after. Then I exfoliated my entire face (sometimes I just pick my dry areas) with Neutrogena Pink grapefruit Daily Scrub which is really gentle on the skin, the exfoliating beads are tiny so I like this one as I find sometimes you take off too much skin and become super shiny.


I decided to go for Snow Fairy Shower Gel by Lush today, it was a toss up between this and Rose Jam, but I have more of this so my Rosé Jam is precious! Then I had a scrub up with Soap & Glory Scrub 'em and leave 'em body buff, I don't exfoliate every time I have a bath because number 1 I am lazy and number 2 I don't think it's necessary, but today I had some fake tan reminance that had to go, the beads in this are huge, but I think because they are so big it still doesn't kind of harm the skin because I find most of it just falls off my hand to be honest but it must work because every time I use it I feel so smooth, plus I love the smell! 



Lastly, I moisturised my whole body (not face) with Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Butter, which if you have read my recent 'Top 10 Moisturizers of all time' you will know, is my ultimate favourite. Bit of my favourite deodorant Nivea Pearl & Beauty, not so sure that this even works but I'm totally biased because of the smell. Then for my face I used Clean & Clear Advantage Spot treatment which also smells so good, considering its a spot treatment, I love this stuff I've been through like 20 tubes!! And a little bit of my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit moisturiser, I'm not a great fan of cream moisturisers for the face, I actually only own 2, but I like this one as its very light and oil free so I don't find it to clog me up.

All of the products pictured above are available at www.boots.com, except my candles and the Snow Fairy shower gel from www.lush.co.uk.











You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I use to use the Garnier BB cream all the time, I still have loads left but I felt like it got kinda heavy for summer and never went back to it, but I really loved it!
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete