Review. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation.

12:42

Hi guys, so lately my skin has been a bit nasty, and because of all the drying agents I've been using to dry out my spots, my skin has decided to compensate for the lack of oils by producing oceans more :) great!! So I thought I'd go out and get a temporary "Matte" foundation to help the situation.


I decided on Rimmels Stay Matte Foundation, in the lightest shade, 100 Ivory, it was on offer in Boots for £4.99 so that did sway me a little, but to be perfectly honest I do find it hard to find High Street/Drugstore Matte Foundations, unless they are powder foundations, which I don't get on with at all, so yeah, it seemed I didn't have much choice.


It's a very thick mousse consistency which seemed great to me when I squirted the first blob on my hand ( sorry for the graphic wording there), the colour seemed alright, I did test a bit on my hand in the shop but we all know Boots lighting is dia and the hand isn't the best testing place, anyway, I got the lightest shade so I thought I couldn't go wrong.


The top picture is what it looks like when it's first blended in, the picture below is what it looks like once it has dried in and oxidised (really badly) onto the skin, so as you can see as soon as it dries in, it turn orange, now I am aware this might only be on my skin, but this is my review, so please don't think this will, definitely happen to you, it's just a warning that it might happen to you too. I used my brush to apply it as its really thick and I didn't want to end up using too much, I used a pea sized amount, which covered my face perfectly, so technically it would last a long time. I would say it is a medium coverage, and I wouldn't really say it was buildable, I did try to layer it but it ended up with a very muddy effect, like when you don't wash St Tropez off properly. Urggghh. I used my Elf Maximum Coverage concealer with it, which again left me with a muddy face. So I think it works best when you don't have many blemishes to cover and just an oil problem

.

It does last a long time, I would say 4-6 hours depending on activity level, and it definitely has a good matte finish, it blends really well by itself it's only when I tried to layer or mix another product that I had problems. I didn't find it went cakey and I didn't find it to feel cakey on my face either. 

I don't think this product is really very good for me as I have oily and blemish prone skin, I think it would work best on an oily skin that doesn't need extra coverage. To be honest, it's not bad for a fiver but I don't think I'll be buying it again.



You Might Also Like

0 comments