Eye Wonder...

19:56


Well I must confess that I was never really an eyeshadow girl, until, that is, I spotted this palette on my mums dresser just before Christmas. It is the Make Up Academy 'Heaven and Earth' palette (£4) which I then actually received as one of my Christmas presents and have since fallen in love with so I thought I would just talk to you guys about the palette and my routine.




bought MACs Paint Pot in 'Painterly' (£15) for myself just before Christmas as I had heard so much about it and thought it would give a nice 'finished' look to my make up (I used to use concealer on my lids but it often creased and ended up looking messy as opposed to polished). I started off just using it by itself which I must say looks perfectly nice for a fresh daytime look as it brightens the eye area, covers the veins and the bruised look on very pale skin like mine, doesn't crease and doesn't budge throughout the day. Most people use it as an eyeshadow base for all of those reasons, which is what I do now when I am using my palette and it definitely does help keep my shadows put.





This palette is the only set of eyeshadows that I own (I am planning on getting the Naked Basics palette for some matte shades) but I am really happy with this, it's so reasonably priced, definitely a great starter palette for someone who loves their neutrals like me. The shades almost all contain a slight shimmer, very natural though nothing too flashy, they are easy to blend and all mix and match very well, so there are lots of looks to be made out of these for both day and night. I have used this palette around 3 times a week since I got it, usually on work days, and I usually go for a light taupe colour across the lid and a deeper brown blended into the crease. 



As for application, I use my ring finger to swipe the Painterly base across my eyelid, I then use 2 brushes to apply the eyeshadows, I use the Real Techniques Setting brush (£8.99) to apply the base colour and then I use a flat brush by Beauties Factory to get the darker colour into the crease, I then blend them together with the Setting brush.







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ahh have the heaven and earth palette and I love it! Its so underrated and I feel like it should be talked about more in the blogging world :)
    Lovely post!
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm completely taken with it, I think I'm gonna get the other nude one too with the white palette, that looks nice too xxx

      Delete